The Metropolitian Club
5895 Windward Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30201
7:00 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013
Art Bra Atlanta is a fundraiser like no other! Join us for a mix of great food, drinks and of course, the Art Bra Runway Show and Auction!The collection of Art Bras featured in the live and raffle are submitted by professional artists and designers, homemakers and celebrities, organizations, survivors and supporters.Come and enjoy great food and some unique, artistic entertainment for a fantastic cause. Reception includes heavy hors'deourves, desserts and a cash bar. There will be Art Bras on display during the cocktail hour that will be raffled off during the show. The top 25 Bras will then be strutted down the runway and auctioned off LIVE!
Please join us in supporting Cancer? Seriously?, an important film about survivorship and raise money for breast cancer research.
If interested in creating an ART BRA the details follow:
Art Bra Guidelines (bras are due October 12th)
Who can decorate or design a bra? Anyone! It could be you, your relatives or friends, a professional or budding artist, a celebrity or someone who simply wants to participate in a meaningful way.
Important things to think about when choosing a Bra to design
1. NEW padded 38C or larger bra with under-wire must be used as the base for your design.
2. Please try on the bra and adjust the straps before designing. Do not stitch/glue it closed.
Submitting the Bra:
1. Bras are due by October 12th.
2. Please include a small name tag with your name and the name of the bra attached to the inside of the bra. 25-30 designs will be used in the actual auction and runway show due to time constraints. The others will be raffled off to lucky winners.
3. Please write a paragraph (No more than 250 words) on who/what inspired the creation and/or dedicate it to a special individual.
4. Each submission must be properly boxed/packaged/labeled to be considered for the show.Please email or call 678-620-9045 for more information and where to send bra submission5. Please email your paragraph, bra title, and contact information to email@example.com by October 12th.
Things to Keep in Mind While Designing:
1. Please do not create a “top-heavy” bra that would not display correctly.
2. Our staff is not able to redesign an Art Bra to make it acceptable for viewing and auctioning. Therefore, please make sure beads and embellishments are attached properly to handle the extra handling.
3. The front of the bra should be embellished as well as bra straps and the sides of the bra.
4. Since the Art Bras are created to raise funds for Cancer? Seriously? and to honor breast cancer survivors, the designs must be created with good taste.
50.00 Art Bra Atlanta 50.00