_Southern Belles & Whistles Tour @ Jonesboro Welcome Center
You must call 770-478-4800 to reserve your seats before completing your purchase. Present your AtlanTIX voucher at the Jonesboro Welcome Center, 104 N. Main Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236
Follow the path of brave men and Southern Belles on this historical journey through Jonesboro. The Southern Belles and Whistles Tour highlights more than 100 years of history and heritage in the Official Home of Gone With The Wind and allows you to hear the captivating stories behind Jonesboro’s historic district. Some of the sites on this mini-bus tour include:
• The Road to Tara Museum—stroll among Gone With The Wind costume reproductions, original movie props, an international library and unique Hollywood and historic memorabilia
• The Old Jail / History Center—take your photo in the cell of this original 1800s-era county jail, which now houses the Clayton County History Center (exclusive to the Southern Belles and Whistles Tour)
• The Patrick Cleburne Memorial Confederate Cemetery—walk among the mass grave containing more than 600 fallen Confederate soldiers.
• The Warren House—as the tour passes this historic home, site of some of the heaviest fighting in the Battle of Jonesboro, imagine what it was like when the house itself served first as a hospital for the Confederate and Union Soldiers
• The intersection of Rhett Butler and Scarlett Drive
• Ashley Oaks Mansion—as your narrator points out to you this 1880 home, marvel at the sheer number of locally-made bricks— over one million!—that it took to build this home
• Stately Oaks Plantation— 1839 restored house museum, outbuildings and entire seven-acre Margaret Mitchell Memorial Park.Site is open for tours for a seperate fee.
Seating at the sole discretion of the box office.
(The AtlanTIX price is half the regular price plus a service fee that supports our non-profit arts service organization. Price includes all applicable taxes and fees.)
Print and bring your email confirmation with you to the theatre.
Redeem no earlier than one hour before show time, no later than 20 minutes before show time. All ticket sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
Clayton County CVB
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Jonesboro Depot/Welcome Center
104 N Main St
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 478-4800