Now Playing
B985 FM
Last Song Played
80s 90s & NOW
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
B985 FM
Last Song Played
80s 90s & NOW


200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >

Trump Twitter insults: New York Times puts hundreds of Trump tweets in one place

A New York Times article published over the weekend compiled a "complete" list of "The 281 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter."

>> Read more trending stories  

The list, which provides links to individual tweets that Trump published with the so-called negative jargon, included Democratic officials, including Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, former senator and Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee and senators Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren.

<iframe src="//;border=false" width="100%" height="750" frameborder="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe> <script src="//;border=false"></script> [View the story "Trump's Twitter insults" on Storify]

The Times noted that the compilation of tweets goes back to June 2015.

See the full list at The New York Times.

Military family facing huge bill after Army Reserve denies coverage

A military family is facing a giant medical bill after the Army Reserve decided not to cover it.

U.S. Army Reserve Capt. Shane Morgan, a father of two from Milford, New Hampshire, suffered a heart attack during a required physical fitness test at Fort Devens.

“I ended up doing 40 push-ups and after 40 I collapsed on the floor,” Morgan said.

It was his first physical exam in the Army Reserve; before that he'd been on active duty in the Army for 10 years.

“This past year has been as challenging and as difficult as my deployment to Afghanistan was,” he said.

>> Read more trending stories

Morgan and his wife, Jaime, feel like the Army Reserve has left them out in cold.

Morgan's heart attack was initially ruled by his own unit as happening "in the line of duty." But that ruling has been overturned by higher-ups, who determined Morgan's heart attack was inevitable.

According to a report the investigator filed in June, “heart disease is likely considered as existing prior to service."

Morgan says the only medical evidence to suggest heart trouble prior to his heart attack was a blood test that shows borderline high cholesterol months before it happened.

“They also had the information from my cardiologist saying the day I had my heart attack my blood was taken and my cholesterol was 185, which is normal,” he told FOX25. 

“I think they’re inept. I think they are not people who should be in those roles who are causing havoc in people’s lives for no reason,” Jaime Morgan said.

The Army Reserve's ruling means the Morgans are on the hook for the $10,000 insurance won't cover.

The couple said this isn't about the money.

“How many soldiers got denied LODs when they shouldn't. And you're told you don't voice have a voice. No, we do have a voice and were going to use it,” Jaime Morgan said.

In a statement to FOX25, the Army Reserve said, "The physical and financial well-being of our Soldiers and their Families is a top concern for Army Reserve leaders at all levels. We take all line of duty investigations seriously and will take all possible steps to ensure they are completed accurately and in a timely manner."

 Morgan said he's looking forward to the results of the second investigation. 

4-year-old helps Florida families recover after Hurricane Matthew

Despite his size, a 4-year-old boy is helping St. Augustine families clear debris and recover after Hurricane Matthew.

When the storm hit, 4-year-old Caleb Calcano started making plans to save St Augustine.

“The first thing he asked was, 'Can we help the people mommy?'” his mom Frances Calcano said.

Since then, he’s been dragging branches one by one.

>> Read more trending stories

“Wow this is a big guy!” he said as he cleaned up on Sunday.

Caleb and his family are helping neighbors heal after the storm.

Caleb brings them simple necessities - toilet paper, toothpaste - and even prays with the families. 

"In Jesus' name, Amen."

We asked why he was doing all of this.

“It makes me happy," he said. 


Shaquille O'Neal buys Krispy Kreme store

WSB-TV contributed to this report.

Shaquille O'Neal just took ownership of an Atlanta-area Krispy Kreme store.

>> Read more trending stories  

The basketball Hall-of-Famer and sports and entertainment superstar announced Monday that he has become the owner of the Ponce de Leon location, which has been there for more than 60 years.

O'Neal, who has previously admitted to loving Krispy Kreme doughnuts, has compared his visits to the restaurants to a kid's experience in a candy store.

"In addition to Shaquille's status as a sports and entertainment icon and businessman, he is known for spreading joy, which aligns with our positioning and mission," said Tony Thompson, president and CEO of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. "We are confident this partnership will have a big impact for us in Atlanta and around the world."

O'Neal will also assume the role of a global spokesman for the doughnut company.

"Krispy Kreme prides itself on spreading joy and supporting local communities, and that's a cause that I am thrilled to be a part of," O'Neal said. "Our goal is to help people find their happy place, and what better way than with a box of delicious Krispy Kreme doughnuts."

For a limited time, Krispy Kreme is offering the "Shaq-or-Treat" promotion in which anyone who tags a social media post with #ShaqOrTreat will be eligible to win Krispy Kreme prizes or paraphernalia autographed by O'Neal. The promotion takes place Oct. 28-31.


Girl Scout cookies for breakfast! Girl Scout cereal on the way

Make room in the pantry now, you'll be needing shelf space for the multiple boxes of Girl Scout cookie cereal that you'll be buying at the beginning of the year. 

Yes, you read that correctly. The Girl Scouts are apparently teaming with General Mills to bring Thin Mints and Caramel Crunch, a.k.a. Samoas, to your breakfast table. 

>> Read more trending stories  

While many cookie aficionados will partake in cookies for breakfast once the coveted snacks are delivered, now you can eat them in the open thanks to the new cereal, the Daily Mail reported

While the Girl Scouts have not officially announced the new products, CandyHunting, a product fan site on Instagram, broke the news.

New Limited Edition Girl Scouts Thin Mints cereal will be out soon! Caramel Crunch cereal will also be released at the same time. You heard it here first! #new #limitededition #cookie #cookies #girlscouts #girlscoutcookies #samoas #thinmints #caramel #chocolate #mint #junkfood #snack  #snacks #snackfood #iifym #macros  #cheatmeal #instafood #foodstagram #foodporn #breakfast #cereal #breaktheinternet #oreo #pumpkinspice A photo posted by @candyhunting on Oct 17, 2016 at 6:00am PDT <script async defer src="//"></script>

New Limited Edition Girl Scouts Caramel Crunch cereal will be out soon! Thin Mints cereal will also be released at the same time. You heard it here first! #new #limitededition #cookie #cookies #girlscouts #girlscoutcookies #samoas #thinmints #caramel #chocolate #mint #junkfood #snack  #snacks #snackfood #iifym #macros  #cheatmeal #instafood #foodstagram #foodporn #breakfast #cereal #breaktheinternet #oreo #pumpkinspice A photo posted by @candyhunting on Oct 17, 2016 at 5:59am PDT <script async defer src="//"></script>

But a spokesman for General Mills did confirm the release to BuzzFeed News.

Monday morning, General Mills took to Twitter to make the official announcement.

More details will be released closer to the expected January launch. 

The Girl Scouts announced two new flavors for next year's cookie sale: S'mores, a sandwich cookie and a chocolate covered version.

THIS is how we s’more! In honor of 100 years of Girl Scouts selling cookies, we are proud to introduce the newest Girl Scout Cookie flavor –Girl Scout S’mores. Tap the link in our bio for more details! #NationalSmoresDay #GirlScoutCookies #GirlScouts #smores A photo posted by Girl Scouts (@girlscouts) on Aug 10, 2016 at 6:11am PDT <script async defer src="//"></script>

Woman on police ride-along comes under gunfire

It was a terrifying experience for a woman on a police ride-along when she and the officer came under fire while attempting a traffic stop outside Fresno, California.

A Madera police officer was taking a civilian on a ride-along early Sunday morning when a Mazda SUV failed to stop during a traffic stop, the department said.

The SUV was leading the police officer on a short pursuit when the front passenger pulled out a gun and fired on the officer and the woman, the department said.

Authorities said a total of 13 shots were fired at the officer’s cruiser, hitting the windshield and narrowly missing the officer and his ride-along passenger.

The officer’s vehicle was disabled during the shooting, causing the officer to end the pursuit.

The Mazda was later found abandoned a few blocks away. Officers searched the area and found an AR-15-style pistol and other evidence, the department said.

The officer was not injured during the incident. The ride-along guest received minor scratches from broken glass.


The department said they were thankful that no one was seriously injured.

“We are thankful and blessed that both the officer and civilian were not injured. The officer’s decisive actions prevented the civilian ride-along from being seriously injured. The officer demonstrated a very cool demeanor for such a short time with the department.”

Officers are still searching for the people in the SUV.

Emmett Till memorial strewn with bullet holes

 A sign located at the site in Mississippi where Emmett Till's body was found 61 years ago has been damaged by what appears to be bullet holes. WJTV-TV reports ( the historical marker in Tallahatchie County has been receiving a lot of attention after Kevin Wilson Jr. posted a picture of the damage on Facebook on Saturday. The sign has more than 40 holes in it currently.

"I'm at the exact site where Emmett Till's body was found floating in the Tallahatchie River 61 years ago. The site marker is filled with bullet holes. Clear evidence that we've still got a long way to go," Wilson wrote in the post.

The Emmett Till Interpretative Project is raising money to get the sign replaced.

Till, a black 14-year-old boy from Chicago, was kidnapped and brutally killed in the Mississippi Delta in 1955 after witnesses said he whistled at a white woman. His murder helped rally the civil rights movement.

The vandalism of the memorial prompted some African-American leaders in Tallahatchie County to consider that work toward racial tolerance isn't done.


"This child died in 1955 and people still have so much hatred," Robert E. Huddleston, a state representative from the area and member of the local chapter of the NAACP, told ABC News. "Why do they feel the need to keep on killing him again and again?"

Huddleston said this is the second time this particular memorial had been defaced and that the original version of the marker is believed to have been dumped into the river.

He and Johnny B. Thomas, the African-American mayor of Glendora, Mississippi, said they will work to make sure the memorial is rebuilt.

Information from the Associated Press and ABC News was used in this report.

200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >